Tuesday, January 6, 2009

WEll, I hope that everyone had a great Christmas and a very Happy New Year!.. Our holidays were fantastic, I could not have asked for better. The kids had a wonderful christmas and santa was very good to them!! So in normal tradition we must set New Years resolutions..I am taking a different approach this year. Typically every year, I promise my self to stick to a diet and lose all kinds of weight and get back in to my prepregnancy size of a 9!! But of course that never happens, so this years I have given myself realistic goals that I may actually stick to.. First off my number goal is drink water!!!! I dont know why i dislike water so much, its just a boring drink, no taste and no fizz! COke and pepsi is so much better cause you feel the burn down your throat and your eyes water, now thats some good stuff! Oh and yes I have tried all the little flavoring packets, and they all just give me heartburn..But so far so good, I have been alowing myself a small cup of coke in the morning to get me going, then I drink almost a whole bottle of water on my way to work, then I allow myself to have my half cup of coffee, i can never finish a whole cup so that works out well.. Then its only water the rest of the day, and I have a little bit more coke with my dinner, then water till bedtime. That has been going pretty well, I have not slacked so far!!! But its only the 6th! My next resolution was to stop taking so much over the counter meds! No im not a junkie, but I suffer with the most awful migraines you can imagine, nothing works, to relieve the pain i typically have to concoct a cocktail of 3 excedrin tension headache, 1pain pill(mild) and a half muscle relaxer and VOila!!! the pain I have been experiencing for three days is magically gone, so I figure If i keep up this routine I will have no liver by the time im 35...(just a note my doctor is at his wits end so he is aware of my cocktails and has even assisted me in different anectodetes)..im not kidding, He has said Alicia I dont know what the hell to do! You have to respect a man of such honesty..I really do love my doctors though for my head that is. A couple of months ago i was out of work for a week due to a migraine and pulled muscle in my neck(stop thinking dirty thoughts) I was in his office hysterically crying to the point of needing a paper bag, do you know that poor man called me everyday for four days 3-4 times a day to check on me, thats a good doctor in my book.... So i saw him today and we are trying some new things to try and see if we can get this whole headache thing down, if this regime does not do the trick last resort is a medication called topamax which so far they have been having great success!!!Lucky for me it is also proven to promote weight loss!!! thats two birds with one stone that makes me happy!!!! Now my third and final resolution is to take care of my face! I wash my face, but im horrible about going to bed with makeup on and not puttin moisturizer or sunblock.. so i did a little research and found that the best moisturizer and anit wrinkle that was boasted was ROC... It suggested use in late twenties and eary thirties to maximize its effectiveness, so Im right on target, I will be 28 this year which to me is a tragedy, even though i really deep down know its not...So While I work on all my goals and resolutions I wish all of you luck with your own personal resolutions!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yuck on the migraines... I get them too so I know how you feel. They are horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know if the topomax works for you. I am trying imitrex and so far not impressed.